Well I did not sleep much the night before the first Christian Female Musicians Networking Event (CFMNE). I was wondering how it would go and if everything was in place. The day after the event I slept even less because I was buzzing with ideas for the next one. How did it go? Exceptionally well! The sisters prefer CFMNE! Here are some of their comments:
- ‘I was able to go for it the next day in my playing because I saw how other women played with confidence and energy’
- ‘I feel fired up to go for my dream’
- ‘I’m glad I came because even though I am not a good player I was able to participate’.
- ‘Really enjoyed it! I’m looking forward to the next one!’
- ‘Really encouraged by the get together especially the prayer time, sharing and jamming’.
- ‘I was struggling to come, but I’m glad I made it!’
As with all good things there was not enough time to talk about every aspect of our musical experiences but we covered how and why we play, how we describe ourselves musically, highs and lows, where we are now and our direction. The jam session was not competitive and it allowed everyone, irrespective of their level, to participate in creating new music and to vibe on covers. In the prayer session the focus was about our personal targets for our music. Some women preferred quiet meditation while others prayed together, very refreshing.
At the end of the afternoon we discussed the way forward for future networking events and decided on the following:
- Twice yearly meetings. Each session covering different topics.
- As the term ‘musician’ can include singers, attendees felt that the initial events should focus on the needs of those who play instruments.
- Women musicians who are not Christians are welcomed. Women who have a faith but do not attend church are also welcomed.
- This networking event is Christian based and Prayer, discussions about Christian worship services and biblical references are part of the sessions. Any woman who does not want to participate in prayer can opt not to do so.
- ‘How to’ tips about playing or music knowledge should be included in the sessions.
By the way, fantastic lunch from ‘Blue Lagoon’, thanks Clive!
Next date: Saturday 7th February 2015
Theme: ‘Play it like a man’
See the Debut Event (6th Sept) page for why the event was set up.