How Was The Interview With DJ Gordon West? I had a blast with DJ Gordon West on the Gordon West Worldwide Radio Show last Wednesday. Great interviewer who made me feel right at home. Thanks Gordon! The Show also went out to London, California, Miami and The Gambia – Cool! So here’s the video extract of the show on YouTube or Vimeo (Ad Free):
Vimeo (Ad free):
I’ll be performing next week Sunday at the 54th Anniversary service of Jamaica’s Independence. At the end of the event I will be selling physical signed copies of ‘Reflective Notes’ my latest album. See you there! Preview on this site in the mediaplayer or on SoundCloud
Millicent at Not Just Jazz III
So my plan is to blog every two weeks!
Starting from next Friday (29th July) and every two weeks after that I’ll be sharing tips I have learnt about growing successfully as a performing artist as well as the latest on my gigs, pictures, videos, recordings, Not Just Jazz, etc. so whether your a fan, interested in the music business or just curious then please pop back.
Why not set your alarm? Put it in your diary? Better still why not sign up for a monthly notification? Send your name and email address to firstname.lastname@example.org to join my mailing list.
I look forward to seeing you next week. Bye for now!
Hair done! Off to make-up and sound check!. 4 1/2 hours to go. See you later.at Not Just Jazz III. Get your tickets and come on down! Crescent Theatre Box Office 0121 643 5858 http://www.crescent-theatre.co.uk/theatre-event/?EventID=64133
2 weeks to Not Just Jazz III. Have you got your ticket? Book now at The Crescent Theatre Box Office 0121 643 5858
The show will open with an award winning female trio Chos3n. Dances choreographed by Amayra Fuller. Millicent will entertain and uplift you with original songs from her new album ‘Reflective Notes’ and also with iconic jazz, blues, gospel and reggae classics. Great night out! Tickets £16, Under 16s £13 (includes booking fee)
The Crescent Theatre,
0121 643 5858
Millicent’s Album ‘Reflective Notes’
This week was pretty hectic but worth it! Late nights and early rises and it’s not yet finished. So I’ve just grabbed a few minute to let you know the latest:
- Last Sunday I was on the ‘Urban Sound Suite‘ show at Black Country Radio with Matt Houston
- Monday evening at Jam Radio with DJ Dragon Irie.
- As Executive Producer proofing, checking and finalising the artwork for my album ‘Reflective Notes’. Thanks Adrian, www.adazzledesign.com
- Also agreeing the final mixes for the tracks on the album. Thanks Ruben and Noval. Kingship Studios.
- Liaising with the CD Replication company and managing and meeting the Friday deadline so that, all being well, the physical CD will be ready for my show ‘Not Just Jazz III‘ at the Crescent Theatre, Friday 8th July
- Attending the Dance rehearsal last night for the show with Amayra Fuller – still a little achy today -LOL!
- Teaching and preparing for one of my student’s Grade 3 Sax exam.
- And now getting ready to play at a 50th Birthday party tonight in Manchester and a Father’s Day church service tomorrow, back in Birmingham.
It is a little hectic, worth it and I’m enjoying every minute.
Will speak soon!
The radio tour kicked off on Thursday 26th May on the ‘Spotlight Show’ with DJ Billy Dee and Jackie of NewStyle Radio. The tour continues. Listen out for details of my CD release ‘Reflective Notes’. Kingship Studios are burning the midnight oil to have samples of the songs ready for you to hear this Sunday. So tune in.
Sunday 12th June, 10pm until 12pm, ‘Urban Sound Suite’ hosted by Matt Houston on Black Country Radio. In Birmingham listen on 102.5 FM, DAB Radio or http://www.blackcountryradio.co.uk/
Monday 13th June, the ‘Reggae Show’ on Jam Radio with DJ Dragon Irie. 8.30pm. Listen on http://www.jamradio.co.uk/
Saturday 25th June, 2pm – 4pm, ‘The World Wide Gospel Show’ on Radio Jam with DJ A.B. Listen on http://www.jamradio.co.uk/
Wednesday 29th June, 9.30am, on air with DJ Mikey Dee on Arawak Radio. Listen on http://www.arawakradio.com/