Really, cool! I am a finalist for the ‘Role model of the Year Award’ category courtesy of the Midlands Business and Community Charity Awards 2018. This award recognises an individual who puts others before their own needs, who has stepped in to help on their own initiative and is modest in their approach. My work with women of all ages in my women in music project Cafemnee caught their eye.
Unfortuntely I did not win, this time, but from 500+ nominees to 51 Finalists and only 12 winners I’m still a winner. Thank you so much for voting for me. It was a great night. So now I add it to the list of my other accolades:
- Finalist for ‘Role Model of the Year’ Award, Midlands Business & Community Awards 2018
- Musicians Union (Midlands) Regional Committee Member from 2018
- AJN Chairman’s Special Recognition Award 2017
- Featured on BBC1 Songs Of Praise (Sun 5th March 2017 ‘Zebrugge Anniversary’ programme)
- Featured Artist BBC Radio WM ‘Chatback Show’ and ‘Sunday Night With Joe and Nikki’
- Creator, Producer & Artistic Director of ‘Not Just Jazz’ shows
- Executive Producer ‘This Is Life’ and ‘Reflective Notes’
- Journal features in The Voice Newspaper, The Phoenix Newspaper, FEU (Federation Of Entertainment Unions), Keep The Faith Magazine, MOBO Online.
- HM The Queen’s 90th Birthday Celebration, Birmingham Town Hall (2016)
- Creative Director and Founder of Cafemnee (Sept 2014)
- Featured on BBC Introducing (Feb 2014)
- Invited to perform at the Jamaica’s 50th Independence Cultural Extravaganza and Salute to the Jamaica Olympic Athletes Show, Symphony Hall, Birmingham (2012)
- Reception for the Governor General of Jamaica, His Excellency The Most Hon. Sir Patrick Allen, ON, GCMG, CD of Jamaica (2013)
- Wise Women & Keep the Faith Magazine Music Award 2011
- Saxophonist, Songwriter, Pianist, Vocalist, Music Director, Teacher and Independent Label owner (Silver Gliss Music), Wife and Mother of 2 adult children.