Tomorrow, Chancellor Rishi Sunak will deliver the Budget speech for MPs in the House of Commons. We are on the last leg of the race to make our concerns heard and push for the government to back up musicians during the COVID crisis and beyond.
What can we do? The Musicians’ Union has some ideas:
Share your message for Rishi Sunak on social media:
- If you’re on Twitter, retweet this video with your message to Rishi
- If you’re on Instagram, share this post with your message to Rishi
- Not sure what to say? Take a look at the examples in our Instagram highlights for inspiration.
Write to Rishi Sunak at the Treasury:
- Take a look at our short template letter for inspiration and add your story
- Use the Treasury’s dedicated email to contact the Chancellor email@example.com
And also, express yourself through what you know how to do best, music! Take as an example this arrangement by members of the band “Darts” in which they sing to Mr. Sunak about the importance of investing in musicians: