Really, cool! I am a finalist for the ‘Role model of the Year Award’ category courtesy of the Midlands Business and Community Charity Awards 2018. This award recognises an individual who puts others before their own needs, who has stepped in to help on their own initiative and is modest in their approach. My work with women of all ages in my women in music project Cafemnee caught their eye.
I will find out on Saturday 3rd November at Aston Villa FC, Villa Park, Birmingham, B6 6HE. An elegant black-tie event , 6pm till 1am and tickets are on sale. All profits raised on the night will go to charities.
See you there if you make it. P.S. If I win I will add it to the list of my other accolades:
- Association of Jamaica Nationals Chairman’s Special Recognition Award 2017, for her contributions to the development of the Jamaican community and other Nationals in the UK and Overseas
- WISE Women and Keep The Faith Magazine Music Award
- Finalist for the Women On Their Way Award.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Counselling, University of Birmingham,
- Certificate in Education, Wolverhampton University.
- BSc Hons in Applied Computing, Manchester Metropolitan University.
- Certificate in Professional Development in Business Planning from Coventry University – Distinction
- ABRSM Grade 8 Saxophone, Grade 5 Piano and Grade 5 Music Theory
- NTCG National Teen Talent Winner, Music Category.
- Advanced Awards, Euphonious School of Music