It’s almost the end of the year and what an exhilarating year it has been so far for me
- I was elected to the Musicians Union Midlands Regional Committee in January
- Collaborated with Noval Smith to create and deliver ‘Time For Your Music‘ in January
- Recording sax lines and sols as featured artiste on the ‘Inspirational Love Songs’ album by GLR Records Ltd, coming out in 2019 in February
- Hosted two Cafemnee sessions ‘Your Mind Is Your Music‘ in April and recently ‘What Shall I Wear?‘ In September with my team
- Had my music featured in a US Podcast in March and in a Miami Internet TV show in August.
- Collaborated with Mac13Soul Photographic and the North Development Trust for being the subject of a Photographic Exhibition held at Brasshouse in July
- Featured in the Weekly Gleaner, The Voice and Sandwell Chronicle newspapers in July and August
- Finalist for the MBCC Role Model of The Year Award winner to be announced in November
- Created 18 YouTube videos for musicians and singers about the music Industry entitiled ‘101 Things They Don’t Tell You About Working In The Music Industry‘
- Played at some fantastic gigs (see my Blogs for more details)
- Teaching some great students
- Attending insightful music business courses
- Releasing ‘Take Me To The King’, off the Inspirational Love Songs album, as a Single this November.
- And doing all the associated admin and mechanics needed to run a business
- And, oh yes!…very little sleep…lol!
Now, I had promised you that Not Just Jazz V the live concert would run in December but some of the arrangements have not worked out as I had planned and given I’m a little spent and unable to pull it all together in time, I must regretfully push Not Just Jazz V into 2019 to create some space to rest, get ready for some interesting Gigs, my Students, promoting my ‘Take Me To The King’ and also there are still loads of pictures and videos I’ve not shown you.
I do apologise if you were gearing up for a Christmas Not Just Jazz. I was looking forward to it too but good sense has finally dawned and the best way forward is sometimes to retreat and conquer later.
Thank you for your understanding. In the meantime here are two Sax covers I did recently. One at the wedding of Abigail and Michael ‘My Redeemer Lives’ and ‘Over The Rainbow‘ at the funeral service of Mr Harry Gibbins.
P.S. By the way, on my To Do List is to do a Tour and I’m thinking about a July 2019 Tour. Can you suggest any venues I could play near you?